Hello! GradCru is a graduate student chapter at U-M of the international mission organization “Cru”, which has a ministry presence on 2,696 campuses in the U.S. and 191 nations worldwide.
GradCru is for American and International Master, Ph.D., and Professional School graduate students. GradCru is made of of men and women of different races and ethnicities, social/economic backgrounds, and academic programs.
We think you’ll feel welcome and fit well. We believe every human being is made in the image of God and we affirm the God-given worth, dignity, and equality of men and women from every tribe, language, people group, and nation. Because ethnicity is part of the good of creation, we seek to honor and celebrate the ethnic identity of those involved with GradCru as well as those we seek to reach. We desire, as much as possible, that our GradCru student leadership reflect the ethnic diversity of the University of Michigan graduate student community.
We are very active on campus in many different ways — and have a lot of fun together! You are welcome to participate to whatever extent you desire and what fits with your often rigorous schedule, with no pressure (you get enough pressure just being in grad school).
At our core (our mission statement), GradCru is a graduate community that seeks to stimulate and support each other to (1) live out authentically and (2) communicate meaningfully our faith in Jesus Christ in the midst of the University. And we want to think deeply about the integral relationship of our faith and our academics. We value and promote “4 E’s”:
• E1: ENCOUNTER Jesus fully. (Romans 1:16)
• E2: ESTABLISH Christian grad students in their faith. (Colossians 2:6-7)
• E3: EQUIP grad believers with effective ministry philosophy and skills. (Ephesians 4:11)
• E4: ENTRUST Christian grads to reproduce these distinctives around the world (2 Timothy 2:2)
Here is a listing of much of what GradCru provides (and is described throughout the website):
• Weekly Bible Study • Community and Social Events (e.g., board game nights, parties, sports, dinners) • Prayer • Campus-wide and Individual Outreach • Discipleship/Spiritual Mentoring • Ministry Philosophy and Skills Training • Service Projects •
GradCru Group Email List: All the above opportunities don’t happen simultaneously, so the best way to know about upcoming events and opportunities is to self-subscribe to the GradCru Group Email List. CLICK HERE to open the short, automated subscription form. (All GradCru emails allow you to unsubscribe easily from the group list.) You can also choose to tell us a bit more about yourself using this Google Form
We hope you will join with us and contribute to the GradCru community!