Hello! GradCru is a graduate student ministry at U-M of the international mission organization “Cru”, which has a ministry presence in 191 nations, more than 25,000 staff members, and is on more than 1,000 campuses in the U.S. and worldwide.
GradCru is for American and International Master, Ph.D., and Professional School graduate students. While most graduate students who are involved are single, there are marrieds, and some with children. And, GradCru is very diverse, not only racially/ethnically (2016-17: 53% Students of Color) — but also men/women, nationally, social/economic backgrounds, academic programs from across campus, and more. We think you’ll feel welcome and fit well!
We are very active on campus in many different ways and have a lot of fun together. You are welcome to participate to whatever extent you desire and what fits with your often rigorous schedule, with no pressure (you get enough pressure just being in grad school).
At our core (our mission statement), GradCru is a graduate community that seeks to stimulate and support each other to live out authentically and communicate meaningfully our faith in Jesus Christ in the midst of the University. And we want to think deeply about the integral relationship of our faith and our academics. We value and promote “4 E’s”:
• E1: ENCOUNTER Jesus fully. (Romans 1:16)
• E2: ESTABLISH every Christian grad student in his or her faith. (Colossians 2:6-7)
• E3: EQUIP growing believers with effective ministry skills. (Ephesians 4:11)
• E4: ENTRUST maturing Christians to reproduce these distinctives around the world (2 Timothy 2:2)
Here is a listing of much of what GradCru provides and is described throughout the website:
• Bible Study Groups • Social Events (e.g., game nights, parties, sports, dinners) • Getaways • Friday Forums • “Groups of 3” (G3) for Authentic Christian Living • Prayer • Campus-wide and Individual Outreach • Spiritual Mentoring/Discipleship • Equipping Seminars • Investigative Bible Discussion Groups • Ministry Philosophy and Skills Training • Service Projects (e.g., Aruna 5K Race, Filter of Hope) • International Lecture/Mission Trips • and More!
GradCru Group Email List: All the above opportunities don’t happen simultaneously, so the best way to be kept informed about upcoming events and opportunities is to self-subscribe to the GradCru Group Email List, called the “Update. CLICK HERE to open the short subscription form. (All GradCru emails allow you to unsubscribe easily from the automated list.)
You also can “Follow” our FaceBook page at “GradCru at The University of Michigan”.
If you have specific questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will join with us and contribute to the GradCru community!